Customary Charges in Shasta and Tehama Counties
The Right Agent Makes All the Difference & Experience Counts
- Your Agent should have at least 10 years experience
- That experience should be in the local area.
- Ask for references.
- You need a Real Estate Agent you are comfortable with.
Marketing Your Home
- Lock Box
- Submit to Local MLS
- Local Newspaper
- Homes Guide Magazine
- Redding Homes Magazine
- Agents Web Page
- MLS Pages
- Company Web Page
- Links to Real Estate Ads on the Web
- Supply Flyer, Parcel map, and Seller TDS, copies of Utility Bills at your Home; for Potential Purchasers to review.
- Make recommended repairs and/or clean up.
- Keep home presentable.
- If possible, vanilla in the oven or potpourri are inviting to guests.
- If you can, be present to answer questions – but leave the potential Buyer and their agent to feel free to investigate your home.
- Always refer questions to your agent before making a commitment.
- Never allow unaccompanied individuals access to your home.
- Now sit back and wait for that offer
- Your Agent and the Buyers agent will be present.
- Usually the Buyers Agent will present the offer on behalf of their Buyers3. Ask any questions you may have.
- You may wish to reject the offer as presented.
- You may wish to make a Counter Offer.
- The other agent can be excused so that you can go over the details with Your Agent.
- Your Agent will deliver your decision to the Buyers Agent.
- The Accepted Contract and any Counters or Addendums are delivered to the Title Company, including the Buyers Earnest Money Deposit.
- A Preliminary Investigation of the Recorded Documents pertaining to Your home by the Title Company.
- Give your Agent your Lender Information, loan numbers etc.
- Inspections and Appraisal. All parties will be present.
- Please note Home Inspectors are only there to state what they see as the actual condition of your home, a protection for both you and the buyers.
- The Buyers may want to make other trips back to refresh their memory or measure rooms. Your Agent will contact you to make arrangements.
- Repairs, if any to be negotiated and completed. Schedule Moving Van.
- Buyers may do a final walk through.
- Cancel all Utility Companies, Newspaper, etc for Close of escrow Date.
- Find and leave for Buyers all warranties pertaining to home or other information they may need, keys, garage door openers, etc.
- Arrange to have carpet cleaned.
- Appointment made to sign closing documents at the Title Company with your Agent.
- Bring your Drivers License.
- The Date You have Waited For. Ready for a new Adventure.
- At any time during this process, Feel free to check with your Agent if you have any questions or concerns. Agents are available 24/7.
If you or anyone you know is considering Buying or Selling, your Agent will appreciate keeping her in mind. She will always do her best and give your referrals great service.